Tuesday, August 15, 2017

WRI Top Ten Tuesday - Ravenclaw Book Recommendations





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.



"wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure' Rowena Ravenclaw
Top Ten Books - Recommendations for Fellow Ravenclaws

Every time I go to the sorting hat I either get sorted into Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. Most of the time it is Ravenclaw. I didn't want to do a list full of classics because that is what you would expect a Ravenclaw to read anyway. I wanted to do a list of books that a Ravenclaw would read for fun. So here's the list...

Cross The Line by James Patterson
I think Ravenclaws would do will in the Magical Law Enforcement Offices

Netherfield Prep by Elizabeth Stevens
I chose this one because I think that if I was in a boarding school I would probably enjoy stories with boarding schools in them. You know, some familiarity. 

The Young Elite Series by Marie Lu
This book is all about energy (magic) and I think the main character being a villian would be something that a Ravenclaw would be intrigued about.

The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter
I think this would be a book that would be read during one of those off days while sitting in a corner of the common room in one of that comfy chairs snacking on chocolate frogs and sipping butter beer.

Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman
I must admit I have Cho Chang in mind when I chose this one. Based on location and the makeup in the movie it seems to me that though Cho may not have been biracial she would still enjoy a character from a similar ethnic backgroup.

Batter Up by Robyn Neeley
This is another book where Cho was brought to mind. Remember when she and Harry went on that date with the cupid floating over head?

Brainwalker by Robyn Mundell
Luna would probably enjoy this story about a kid walking around in his father brain.

Risuko by David Kudler
You would think this is another Cho inspired book but I chose this as inspiration for the girl power of D.A.

The Count of Monte Cristo 
This is one of my favorite books. Since they reside in a castle and during Umbridge year at the school there was a lot of students needing an escape.

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
I think any Ravenclaw would appreciate a story were a device can be used to jump into and out of parallel universes. Afterall, we all know about the time turner.

So there you have it. My list of books I recommend for fellow Ravenclaws. Do you agree? Which books would you have chosen?

Get Social
*Thank you for stopping by. Comment, Share, and Happy Reading!
**This blog may use cookies to enhance your experience. Also clicking links may take you to a third party website that may use cookies. Most browsers have an option in the right hand corner setting icon to disable the use of cookies.

1 comment:

  1. As a Ravenclaw, I'm pleased to see Risuko in this list! :-)

    ReplyDelete