Sunday, June 10, 2012

Who Is My Favorite Author?

Who is my favorite author?
Whoa. This is a hard question. My favorite author has changed. I'm not going to say who it used to be but I will say that this author made a comment that I felt was disrespectful, ungrateful, and arrogant. It insulted fellow authors and readers of this particular genre. With that said, I would be hard pressed to pick an author. If I had to choose though it would have to be J.K. Rowling. Yes, the Harry Potter lady.

Rowling was able to do several things well. She create a world that was believable and complex. She create characters who had depth. She told story wrapped in a story wrapped in a story. Also what was great about the series is that details that you may have dismiss as either being insignificant or only important for the one book turned out to be a big deal to the series as a whole.

Rowling has a new novel, to be released September 27, 2012, is called The Casual Vacancy. Here is a synopsis.

When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.
Seemingly an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.
Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.
And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

Seems interesting right. It is definitely a buy for me as I am wondering if the storytelling will be just as good as it was with Harry Potter. I do not think that she will ever get the same type of response from any other book as she did with Harry Potter. But hey, who could repeat what you couldn't have predicted in the first place. At any rate, J.K. Rowling is my favorite author until further notice. So which author is your favorite? Leave a comment below. If you have a post answering this question please leave the link below I would love to read it.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE JK and all thing Harry Potter. Good choice.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea. She and the series definitely won me over.

    ReplyDelete